ALPHARETTA, Ga. (Sept. 17, 2014) - The buzz about shopping, living and working at Alpharetta's premier mixed-use community continues to build now that Avalon is a mere 42 days away.
And the buzz got even louder this week when its developer, North American Properties announced a contest whose winner gets "The Perfect Year" at Avalon, which includes a free year's rent at Haven at Avalon. At more than $2.20 a square foot, Haven is comanding the highest rents in metro Atlanta, on par with 77 12th Street and SkyHouse Midtown.
But there's more than free rent. The contest winner also receives $12,000 from West Elm to create an ideal living space, a year-long membership to Exhale, a monthly grocery allowance at Whole Foods Market and dinners at the latest restaurant concepts from the region’s top chefs.
The winner's only duty is to show off their lifestyle at Avalon, along with their own flair and wit, via social media. In addition to perks worth more than $60,000, the winner of Avalon’s “The Perfect Year” will become the tastemaker known as “The Lucky One.”
As the official PR agency of NAP Atlanta and Avalon, employees of The Wilbert Group cannot win. But a team can dream, can't it?
Here's the full release, which includes the full list of cool things the winner receives as part of the package worth more than $60,000.
Avalon’s “The Perfect Year” Competition Launches Today
Atlanta’s next social media influencer and tastemaker gets over $60,000 in perks,
including rent-free year in a luxury rental home
ATLANTA (Sept. 16, 2014) – Everyone knows the best things in life are free.Imagine living rent-free in a one-bedroom unit in the heart of Avalon, the newest and most exciting community in the Southeast – with $12,000 from West Elm to create your ideal living space. Plus, a year-long membership to Exhale, a monthly grocery allowance at Whole Foods Market and dinners at the latest restaurant concepts from the region’s top chefs.
Your job? Show off your lifestyle at Avalon, along with your own flair and wit, via social media. In addition to perks worth more than $60,000, the winner of Avalon’s “The Perfect Year” will become the tastemaker known as “The Lucky One.”
Opening Oct. 30 in Alpharetta, Georgia, Avalon is a $600 million mixed-use development featuring specialty retailers ranging from Free People to C. Wonder and Vineyard Vines, restaurants from well-known local restaurateurs like Ford Fry, Giovanni Di Palma and Steve Palmer, full-service concierge, entertainment, residences and high-tech offices.
Starting Jan. 5, “The Lucky One” will be immersed in the timeless art of living well…dining, mingling with other VIPs, sipping cocktails, shopping, hosting friends, getting free blowouts before attending Avalon’s signature events, and staying fit with memberships to popular fitness classes.
“’The Perfect Year’ goes well beyond the typical promotion,” said Mark Toro, managing partner at North American Properties (NAP). “We’re offering a lifestyle…a unique opportunity to live The Avalon Experience…sharing energy and style 18 hours a day. It is truly unique in the Southeast.”
The competition launches today. To enter, visit Avalon’s Facebook page at facebook.com/AvalonInsider and click on “The Perfect Year” tab. Fill out the form and upload a one-minute video describing why you should be “The Lucky One.” Strong photography and writing skills will boost your chances, and applicants must be 21 or older. Entries will be accepted from Sept. 16 – Oct. 19. The top 10 finalists will be announced during the grand opening celebration on Nov. 2. The Avalon team will select “The Lucky One,” considering a number of factors, including public input provided via Facebook. The voting period is open from Nov. 3 at 10 a.m. until Nov. 21 at 4:59 p.m. More fun challenges will ensue for the finalists before “The Lucky One” is announced at Avalon’s tree lighting on Nov. 23.
“If you’re the kind of person who knows how to make the most of life’s experiences and loves being ‘in the know,’ we want to hear from you!” said Liz Gillespie, partner and vice president of marketing at NAP. “We are offering an amazing year, and I can’t wait to toast ‘The Lucky One.’”
The prize package includes:
- C. Wonder – each quarter, choose one item up to $250 (four total).
- Columbia Sportswear – a $500 gift card.
- Fab’rik – one private styling appointment per month and one free pair of shoes per month (12 total).
- Free People – a $250 gift card.
- J.McLaughlin – two $500 gift cards.
- Sage Clothing – $200 in gift cards and four pairs of earrings.
- Tommy Bahama – $1,000 shopping spree.
- Haven – one-year lease for a one-bedroom luxury rental home.
- Hotwire Communications – gigabit Internet service for 12 months.
- Antico Pizza Napoletana – one large pizza per month (12 total).
- Bantu – one $25 gift card per month (12 total).
- The El Felix – one The El Felix margarita per day.
- Goldberg’s – one order of a dozen bagels per month (12 total).
- Kona Grill – one $50 gift card per month (12 total).
- Marlow’s Tavern – one $30 gift card per week (52 total).
- Oak Steakhouse – one $250 gift card per month (12 total).
- Ted’s Montana Grill – one $250 gift card.
- Club Avalon – one-year Black Card membership.
- Drybar – one-year membership; which includes two blowouts per month along with 10 percent off product purchases.
- Exhale Spa – one-year membership.
- Flywheel Sports – one-year membership.
- The Cosmetic Market – one-hour custom facial each month.
- Torch Fitness – two consultations and one personal training session per month (12 total).
- Kendra Scott Jewelry – a start-up package of $250 worth of jewels, plus $80 per month (12 months total).
- Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams – a $500 gift card to spend on home furnishings.
- Regal Cinemas – 52 VIP movie tickets, one for every week of the year.
- Road Runner Sports – two pairs of running shoes with custom insoles and socks.
- West Elm – $12,000 to purchase home furnishings.
- Whole Foods Market – $200 stipend per month.
For more information about “The Perfect Year,” please visit ExperienceAvalon.com Follow “The Perfect Year” on social media with #AvalonPerfectYear.
Retailers and restaurants at Avalon include American Threads, Anthropologie, Antico Pizza Napoletana, Arhaus, Athleta, Banana Republic, Bantam + Biddy, Bantu, BCBG, Bocado Burger Bar, C. Wonder, Caffé Gio, Calypso St. Barth, Crate & Barrel, Columbia Sportswear, Cru Food & Wine Bar, Destination Maternity, Drybar, Everything But Water, Exhale Spa, Fab'rik, Flywheel Sports, The El Felix, Francesca's, Free People, Fuzziwig’s Candy Factory, Gap, Goldberg's Deli, Gymboree, J. Crew, J. Jill, Janie & Jack, J. McLaughlin, Kendra Scott, Kinnucan's, Kona Grill, LensCrafters, L'Occitane, Lou & Grey, lululemon, Marlow’s Tavern, Marmi, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Oak Steakhouse, Orvis, Paper Source, Pinkberry, PNC Bank, Pottery Barn Kids, Regal Cinemas, Road Runner Sports, Sage Clothing, Soft Surroundings, Sunglass Hut, Ted’s Montana Grill, The Cosmetic Market, Tommy Bahama, Tumi, Van Michael Salon, Vineyard Vines, West Elm and Whole Foods Market.
Avalon is a new experience in the timeless art of living well. In the heart of Alpharetta, this sustainably designed, 86-acre development with more than 500,000 square feet of retail, a 12-screen all premium theater, planned conference center and full-service hotel, Class A office, single-family residences and luxury rental homes infuses resort-level hospitality throughout a walkable, seamlessly connected community of shopping, dining, entertainment, living and working. It’s more than just another place to go, it’s a place to be — a hub of local art and activity that delivers the luxury of the modern South. At 2.4 million square feet and more than $600 million, Avalon is one of the largest projects currently underway in the United States. You can find more updates on Avalon at its website, Facebook page, Instagram or Twitter profile.
About North American Properties
Founded in 1954, North American Properties is a privately held, multi-regional real estate operating company that has acquired, developed and managed more than $5 billion of mixed-use, retail, multifamily and office properties across the United States. Headquartered in Cincinnati, with offices in Atlanta, Dallas and Fort Myers, Fla., the company has developed 19 million square feet of retail and 17,000 apartment units in 12 states. In the past three years, North American Properties has launched 36 projects totaling $1.1 billion in total capitalization. In metro Atlanta, North American Properties owns Atlantic Station, Avalon and BOHO4W. For more information, please visit naproperties.com.
For more information, contact:
The Wilbert Group
404-343-0637 (O) 678-642-4301 (C)